Date(s) - 11/02/2020 - 12/02/2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Partnership for Public Service
Organizations of all types are facing bigger, more complex challenges and disruptions. To adapt and innovate, it’s essential to design responses that solve the right problems and provide solutions that our clients, colleagues and partners want and need.
LUMA Institute teaches a unique system of human-centered design that equips individuals, teams and organizations to tackle challenges and reach solutions faster, with better results.
Starting in 2019 LUMA is offering our Practitioner Certification Program — previously available only in enterprise settings — to the public. The program combines expert instruction, hands-on training, peer-to-peer learning and on-demand resources to help you develop skills applying human-centered design.
You’ll learn to think and work like a designer and be equipped to apply design thinking to your challenges with confidence.
Earn LUMA certification as a practitioner of human-centered design
Participants who successfully complete program requirements will earn LUMA Practitioner Certification in recognition of your new design skills and accomplishments. You’ll receive a customized, downloadable certification document as well as a digital badge to share on social media and in your email signature.
The Practitioner Certification Program begins with LUMA’s two-day, in-person workshop that introduces you to the LUMA System of Innovation in a group setting.
Through a dynamic mix of presentations and hands-on activities, the workshop will teach you to apply a versatile system that:
- Provides your teams with a repeatable way to innovate
- Promotes productive collaboration across teams
- Offers creative alternatives to traditional brainstorming
- Helps uncover deeper insights from market research
- Guides and informs development work for products, services and processes
Following the workshop, you’ll continue with activities and instruction to help you effectively apply human-centered design to your daily work. Components include:
- Remote sessions for expert coaching and instruction in additional design methods
- Assignments to complete and share
- Peer-to-peer sessions to give and get constructive feedback
- Presentations to demonstrate how you have used human-centered design
Throughout the Practitioner Certification Program, you’ll use LUMA Workplace®, LUMA’s digital platform that’s loaded with human-centered design tools, resources, how-to videos, expert tips, downloads and more.
Program Schedule and Certification Requirements
Participation and group interaction are essential to the Practitioner Certification Program as a world-class learning experience.
Note: To earn LUMA certification, you must attend the opening workshop and all three remote coaching sessions.
Before you register, please review the dates and times carefully to ensure that you can attend the entire program.
The two-day, in-person workshop will be held:
- Location: Partnership for Public Service, 1100 New York Ave NW, Suite 200, Washington, D.C., 20005
- Dates: Feb. 11-12, 2020
- Time: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. ET
The coaching sessions will be:
- Session 1: Feb. 26, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. ET
- Session 2: Mar. 11. 5, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. ET
- Session 3: Mar. 25, 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. ET